WHAT ARE WE COLLECTING MONEY FOR?
- Trainings for volunteers about First Aid rules and in terms of the Act on safety of mass events, along with becoming eligible to work as an information service at sports events. [read more]
- A scholarship program for young, talented athletes, whose talent is going to shine during the Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020. [read more]
SPORTS VOLUNTEER POPULARISATION PROGRAM
It is hard to imagine a large sports event without volunteers today. An extremely important role they have especially during street runs, triathlons, cycling races and other events with a massive turnout. They serve the athletes in the Race office, help on the track, hang medals around neck. They do a huge number of jobs and create an atmosphere of great sports festival. Foundation Miasta Sportu in partnership with the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity wants to deal with the promotion of sports volunteering and employees volunteering in Poland.
Postulations of the program in 2016:
1. A group of 50 leaders in sports volunteering;
2. The group of 500 volunteers trained in first aid and in terms of the Act on safety of mass events with the acquisition of rights to work as an information service for sports events and others;
3. Promoting volunteering in sport among company's employees.
The project will be implemented in 3 stages. In the first stage there will be announced recruitment of participants (500 people). Interested persons must be 18 years old. Recruitment will begin in the first quarter of 2016 year using the application form available on the website of the Foundation Miasta Sportu (www.fundacjamiastasportu.pl).
Participants qualified for the program will take part in weekend training program held in the center of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity in Szadowo Młyn. The training will include a.o.:
- First Aid course according to the guidelines of the American Heart Association,
- integration and survival activities.
- classes of creating leader attitudes
- a course of information services employee at events,
- activities of sports marketing and event organization.
This training will be documented by relevant certificates, which for many may prove to be an advantage when seeking for employment.
Among the program participants there will be selected Leaders of the Sports Volunteer (50 people). Persons qualified to this stage will pass another course preparing them to manage larger teams of volunteers at sportss events. Lasting three days course in the resort of Szadowo Młyn will cover the following topics:
- communication within the group,
- integration games and plays,
- team building,
- leading the group,
- cooperation with the Command center,
- orientation in difficult territory,
- directing avrescue operation (ordinal),
- the organization of free time,
- principles of medical and law services during mass events,
- safety and responsibility during completing tasks.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – MULTISPORT TEAM TOKIO 2020
Together with our partners and donors we are going to run from January 2016 a special scholarship program for young, talented athletes, whose talent is going to shine during the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020 and the peak of their form is going to appear at the Olympic Games in 2024 year.
We believe that our knowledge and experience can help someone in the development of sports career. Our scholars will be offered not only coaching and financial support, but also marketing and PR support
Postulations of the program:
Athletes who will be qualified to the Multisport Team Tokyo 2020 will take part in a 4-year scholarship, coaching and marketing care. However, in the middle of the program (after 2 years) they will be verified - by continuous assessment of the progress of a competitor in both the sporting and personal area. At this point, the cooperation may be suspended or continued.
The main difference in our approach is based on the belief that the house is built from the foundations, not from the roof. We believe that it is a mistake, especially in relation to young athletes, to give them money directly into their account, because they can not use that money competently. They usually overeat or squander them.
A much better idea seems to be that athletes will be surrounded by a team of experts who will guide a career of an young athlete. If he uses this opportunity, the money will occur with time.
Therefore, by building a team of such expenditure structure in the first place we put on the employment of highly successful coach and team manager.
The task of scouts/coaches will be to find candidates for the Team. Selected candidates will be thoroughly investigated, also in terms of motivation and psychological predispositions, this is why in the team we have sports psychologist. Only in the case of qualifying an athlete to the Team, Scouts will receive remuneration in the form of a success fee, and previous coaches/clubs an equivalent for training.
A team will have from 4 to 10 athletes (depending on our financial possibilities). The athlete entering the team will be guaranteed:
- a coaching care, including financing or co-financing of 2-3 climate camps with Jan Rehula;
- a managerial care, including the organization of trips to the competitions, representing the athlete to potential sponsors, etc.;
- the marketing and PR care;
- a care of sports psychologist;
- a medical care;
- an equipment support (scale depends on acquired sponsors and/or funds).
In addition to distribution among all team athletes there will be an amount of money divided proportionally to the achivements of successes. For example, achivements will be valued in Polish, Europe or the World Championship, as well as high scored places in the competition of ETU/ITU.
Only in the case of a high level of sports (entry into the Olympic ranking) an athlete will be paid a monthly scholarship.
Candidates who can enter the Team will be only competitors in the older junior age (19 years) or younger. RECRUITMENT TO THE TEAM will start in the first part of 2016!
Meet the Multisport Team Tokio 2020:
Head coach – Jan Rehula
Bronze medalist at the Olympic Games in Sydney (2000) in triathlon, currently a coach working with high-class athletes who worked with the Junior Polish National Team in Europe, Korea and Australia. His ward was, among others, Simon Whitfield, gold medalist at the Olympics in Sydney and silver from the Beijing Olympics.
Team Manager – Zbigniew Łasica
A graduate of the University of Physical Education in Warsaw, from an early age associated with sport. Instructor of swimming, sailing and motorboat sports. Member of the AZS-AWF Warsaw club, an associate of the Akademia Triathlonu. The founder of travel agency Noble Concierge, co-owner of a travel agency Sporturismo which supports Herbalife IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia and Polish Triathlon Association.
Sports psychologist - Wojciech Herra
Trained as a psychologist, a specialist in the field of Psychology of Organization and Management. A graduate of postgraduate study in Human Resource Management and the School of Business Trainers Workshop organized by the TROP and Polish Psychological Association. Currently a PhD student of the psychology department of University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw - conducting research on the influence of personality on the merchant's sales effectiveness for existing and new customers.
PR, Marketing&Sponsoring Manager – Michał Drelich
A graduate of the Faculty of Journalism and Political Science at the University of Warsaw. Managing Director of sports marketing agency Sport Evolution.